This time, it was the Wolseley that was built before any other badge-engineering took place; the equivalent MG Magnette ZA didn’t appear for a year after the 4/44’s 1952 birth. The Wolseley focused more on opulence than performance, with just a single carburettor on its MG-derived 1250cc overhead valve engine. Nevertheless, its handling was adept thanks to the independent front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering and the sleek lines gave it a rakish persona. In 1956, it was upgraded into the 15/50; identical in looks but with a 1489cc B-series engine.
info from Octane