Malta Classic returns back to the island for its 2017 edition. The event incorporates a 4 days packed event with a hillclimb set against a lovely background of Ghidira bay in Mellieha, a concours d'elegance, and a Grand Prix around the medieval fortified city of Mdina. The latter event is the star of the weekend, and sees groups of pre-1976 cars are put on a test on the challenging circuit outside Mdina's fortified walls.
Further information for spectators for the weekend races:
- The excitement begins on Thursday 5th October, when the Malta Classic opens with the Mellieha Hill Climb by Thomas Smith—a pure adrenaline rush of cars racing to climb a magnificent limestone hill overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- On Friday 6th October, the Mdina Concours d’Elegance by Mdina Glass celebrates the power and beauty of classic cars. Select car collectors are invited to unveil true automotive gems for the delight of visitors.
- On Saturday 7th October the Mdina Grand Prix begins on the challenging circuit outside Mdina’s fortified walls. Cars are put to the test on a track of tight bends, sweeping curves and inclines. Timed drives determine the starting order of Sunday’s grid.
- On Sunday 8th October the real racing begins. Packs of 8 to 10 cars take to the circuit in a thrilling race to the finish line, as the unforgiving nature of the Grand Prix circuit brings out the very best of performance by both drivers and their classic racing automobiles.
- The Malta Classic weekend is open to the public free of charge
- Triq l-Infetti, Rabat, is allocated for public parking.
- Free transport to and from the circuit and paddock will be in the form of complimentary shuttles.
- A free Classic Car Park is reserved for owners arriving in their pre-1980’s classic cars. This is located on the Mtarfa Bypass and serviced by complimentary shuttles.
- Shell will be providing a free children’s play area throughout the weekend
- The Paddock will be open for free public viewing from 4 to 5 pm each day. Paddock access at all other times is reserved for paddock ticket holders.
- A VIP section offers the best circuit views. A very limited number of VIP tickets are available.
- The Grand Stand offers the best view of the start/finish line, as well as live streaming and timings. This area is reserved for Grand Stand ticket holders; limited tickets are available from maltaclassic.com.
The Malta Classic Concours d'Elegance by Mdina Glass celebrates the power and beauty of classics cars in the heart of Mdina. Select car collectors are invited show their classic cars to visitors. Above are the Malta Classic Concours d'Elegance 2016 entrants, enjoy :)